As I am launching a book club to help Mums be, do and have MORE in their lives I thought I would ask some of the brightest business brains I know for the one book they would recommend to a mum thinking of starting their own business. Please see below for a list of all the books which were recommended to me… and all I have to do now is pick 6! If you can think of any more, please add them to the comments below.
- “The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level“ Recommended by Veronica Pullen.
- “The Inside-Out Revolution: The Only Thing You Need to Know to Change Your Life Forever“ by Nicola Bird.
- “Getting to Yes: Negotiating an agreement without giving in“ and “StrengthsFinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from Gallup’s Now Discover Your Strengths“ Recommended by Laura Morrison
- “A Course in Miracles” and “The Urban Shaman“ by Serge Kahili King. An awesome book that is very empowering. and “The Complete Conversations with God“ by Neale Donald Walsh Suggested by Lisa Turner
- “No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind (Mindful Parenting)“ Recommended by Nina Farr
- “Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Happier Life” by Arianna Huffington and “How to be Really Productive: Achieving Clarity and Getting Results in a World Where Work Never Ends” by Grace Marshall
- “The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich“ by Tim Ferris This book would start some interesting discussions, imagine some of the suggestions / principles! Suggested by Clara Wilcox
- “Priceless: The Hidden Psychology Of Value“ by William Poundstone. All about the psychology of pricing. Recommended by the extraordinary Sarah Arrow
- “Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know“ by Andy Harrington
- “The E-myth: Why Most Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It“ by Michael Gerber
- “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion“ by Robert Cialdini
- “Cashvertising: How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad-agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone“ by Drew Eric Whitman
- “Questions are the Answers“ by Allan Pease
- “80/20 Sales and Marketing“ by Perry Marshall
- “The 15 Essential Marketing Masterclasses for Your Small Business“ by Dee Blick…who would be fab to interview too! Suggested by Maxine Harley
- “The Desire Map: A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul“ both by Danielle La Porte Recommended by Julie Stevens
- “Tribes: We need you to lead us“ Suggested by Alison Rothwell
- “The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles“ by Steven Pressfield Mindset is everything!
- “It’s Possible“ by Les Brown Recommended by Abigail Barnes
- “Finding A Future That Fits: Achieve Your Dreams & Discover Your True Self “ by Louise Presley-Turner It’s for those seeking clarity and direction in life/business.
- “Invisible Power: Insight Principles at Work“ by Dr. Ken Manning and Robin Charbit Suggested by Geraldine Grandidier
- “Rising Strong“ and “Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead“ by Brené Brown Recommended by Karen Skidmore
- “The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea“ by Bob Burg Suggested by Sue Revell
- “How to Win Friends and Influence People“ by Dale Carnegie Recommended by Louise Kang
- “The Miracle Morning: The 6 Habits That Will Transform Your Life Before 8AM“ It’s great for busy Mums. Suggested by Daisy Forster
- “The Psychology of Success: Secrets of Serial Achievement“ by Judith Leary-Joyce The focus is on the internal elements of success – what helps and what hinders.
- “The Happiness Trap (Based on ACT: A revolutionary mindfulness-based programme for overcoming stress, anxiety and depression)“ by Russ Harris Recommended by Thea Jolly
- “The Barefoot Executive: The Ultimate Guide for Being Your Own Boss and Achieving Financial Freedom“ by Carrie Wilkerson and
- “The $100 Startup“ by Chris Guillebeau
- “The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A Leadership Fable About Restoring Sanity to the Most Important Organization in Your Life“ by Patrick Lencioni
Thanks to all the amazing High Performing Women who took the time to recommend the book they felt would make the biggest difference to a Mum starting her own business.
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net